- OCD can be a cause of vitamin deficiency
- Need for vitamins differ from person to person
Vitamins are an essential part of healthy lifestyle and are a requirement for stable and happy mind, in today’s world it is impossible to not come across advertisement that pushes for vitamin packs, the advertisement claims to cure all the vitamin deficiency, these advertisements make it abundantly clear that we need proper nutrients to function efficiently, but really how much lack of nutrition harms us and what impact could it have on our mind?
Vitamins need to differ from body to body, from person to person, while most of the people gain their nutrition from a healthy diet, for the others the doctors might have to prescribe particular vitamin supplements that their body doesn’t metabolize properly. This lack of nutrients can result in a situation far worse than what appears on the outside, a study has found if the deficiency is long-lasting it could result in symptoms such as OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) and bipolar disorder. The deficiency when on its worse can contribute to anxiety and depression, however, it’s not always that bad, sometimes it could just result in slight mood swings.
Although mental health has a very complex structure, and nutrients could be a minimal part of this problem, however in certain examined cases, nutrients have been studied to be the root cause. Scientists and researchers are working to find out more about the food-mood connection and debunk the myths around it. The effect of deficiency of few nutrients has been studied and confirmed by scientists such as:-
- Vitamin D
- Deficiency can lead to situations such as depression, anxiety, irritability, and fatigue.
- Vitamin B12
- Deficiency can lead to situations such as numbness, tingling, fatigue, shortness of breath, etc.
- Deficiency can lead to situations such as nausea, fatigue, mood swings, loss of appetite
- Deficiency can lead to situations such as loss of temper, difficulty in learning, depression, etc.
- Deficiency can lead to situations such as difficulty in concentrating, fatigue, iron deficiency
- Deficiency can lead to situations such as dry skin, allergy, and chronic thirst
But with the help of the right treatment plan and correct diet, each deficiency is curable. And you know your body the best so if anything feels wrong, then something is wrong so go ahead get yourself diagnosed and treated for an undisturbed and healthy life.